IB Consultancy is looking for a dynamic part-time sales representative to strengthen the Sales Team. Experience is not the most important quality we are seeking. We are rather looking for someone who is ready to start his/her career in Defense and Security sales. You bring the right attitude, we give you the experience!
IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world safer and more secure.
IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in different regions (Asia, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (EOD and demining). We also help industry and governments with specialized CBRNe knowledge in the form of research projects and consultancy engagements.
You will be working within an international team of highly educated and talented program producers and skilled consultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
- Sell sponsorship packages and delegate passes to attend our NCT events
- Develop an understanding of the defense and security sector (specifically CBRNe and EOD/C-IED) to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships
- Generate new leads through researching and cold calling
- Assist on-site when needed at our conferences in Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA and South America
- Visit other trade shows and conferences to meet with existing or new clients
- You are authorized to work in The Netherlands
- You are flexible, proactive, organized, and you don’t have a nine-to-five mentality
- You like selling, and you can close deals
- You speak excellent English
- You have international experience (study, internships, work etc.)
- Preferably experience in (B2B) sales with a strong track record of achieving targets
- Ideally you are familiar with the Defense and Security industry, or have at least knowledge of the field of International relations
- Although not required, we would prefer a candidate who speaks one (or more) of the following languages at a good level: Spanish, Arabic (Gulf), Chinese, Korean, Japanese
This part-time position provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an international defense and security sales environment. As a part time sales representative you will get some hands on experience by talking to companies and representatives from Police, Military, Fire Brigades, etc. IB Consultancy is a continuously growing company where rapid progression is possible.
Procedure Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Part-time Sales Representative’, with their full CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage candidates to share an introduction video (1-2 minutes) introducing themselves. The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Please check the Required qualities section: candidates who clearly do not match these requirements will be excluded without notice.