IB Consultancy is looking for a dynamic manager to manage the organization of the global NCT event series and lead our marketing and communication efforts.
IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world a safer and more secure place.
IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in 6 different regions (SE Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and explosives (C-IED, EOD and demining) defense.
You will be working within an international team of talented program producers and skilled consultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands.IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
The Manager Marketing, Communication and Events has the overall responsibility for two main areas: Event Management and Marketing and Communication.
As the project manager for our NCT events, your task is to deliver successful NCT events to our customers and partners. We measure success by customer satisfaction and profitability, and by delivering events that add to our reputation as the best CBRNe conference organizer. You are in charge of Event Management, therefore the overall execution of the events, the events logistics (arranging venues, negotiating with suppliers…) and the clients support in preparation and during an event.
IB Consultancy has an active marketing and communication strategy which needs constant updating and improvement. Your role is to develop a new marketing strategy that will enable us to improve our reach and get more people to come to our events. We develop our marketing materials in house, and you will be expected to develop (some of) your own materials such as banners, videos, websites and brochures.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Manager Marketing Communication and Events are the following (the list is not exhaustive):
- Negotiating and closing deals with hotels, booth builders, caterers, printing companies, etc.
- Internal logistical arrangements for the events such as ensuring supplies of our own conference materials, preparing packing lists in preparation of an event, etc.
- Onsite management of registration, logistical arrangements with the venue and suppliers and onsite POC for all participants of an event
- Budgeting and financial reconciliation for each event. Keeping track of invoicing and payments with suppliers
- Office management
- Development and execution of a new Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Management and development of marketing materials
- Managing and developing content for our social media and newsletter
- Managing and developing content for our NCT online Magazine
- After sales support, and sales responsibility for up-selling the events
Position within the organization
IB Consultancy is a small organization with three main pillars of organization: Sales led by the sales manager, Programs and Consultancy led by the Director Governmental Affairs and Marketing Communication and Events led by the Manager Marketing Communication and Events. These three pillars (kind of departments) report to the CEO.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about event management, marketing and communication. Qualities that are absolutely necessary are good time management and excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision. Please note that the position requires traveling multiple times per year, and that IBC is a company where you are expected to deliver results, not just make your hours. In the beginning and around events, you will need more than the minimum of 40 hours a week to be able to succeed.
- Working permit to work in the Netherlands or an EU citizenship (IBC will not apply for a working permit to fulfil this position)
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in event organization
- Degree in a relevant field (Hospitality Management, Marketing, Communication, etc.) preferably at a Master level
- Excellent proficiency of the English language (C1 or C2 level), and the ability to speak at least one other language;
- Ability to use design software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro and Illustrator;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of, and experience in marketing, communication and events logistics;
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude;
- Strong analytical skills, a curious mind and being creative at the same time (out of the box thinking);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages;
- Have a good understanding of international matters and ability to work effectively in multicultural environments;
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following languages: French, Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish
- Interest in the field of defense and security
- Experience in working in Asia and/or the Middle East
The successful candidate will receive a one-year contract with an attractive salary, based on qualifications. When both parties are happy at the end of the year, the contract will be renewed. IB Consultancy offers 24 days of vacation on top of Netherlands Public holidays. You will be equipped with an iPhone (including unlimited private calling) and a Macbook.
IB Consultancy pays a fixed salary in which ‘overtime’ is included (and is not separately compensated).Thesalaryoffer will be based on qualifications and experience and will be in the range of EUR 2400 and EUR 3200 gross per month.
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Manager Marketing, Communication and Events’, with their full CV (including relevant activities, papers, travel and picture) and a short motivation letter to email@example.com. The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.